This page is updated whenever there is a notable new legal request.
This announcement was last updated on May 10, 2022.
To be counted here as a legal request for information, the request must come through official channels foreign or domestic (either a court order, directly from a government entity, or from legal/security departments of corporations). The only legally binding requests are ones from the courts of British Virgin Islands that we are legally obligated to comply with.
- Under British Virgin Islands data protection regulations, we cannot legally comply with foreign requests that are not supported by a court order of British Virgin Islands.
- Under British Virgin Islands law, TrueVPN is not obligated to save connection logs, and we adhere to a strict no-logs VPN policy.
Therefore, we are unable to comply with requests for user connection logs, even if they are legally binding. Furthermore, under law of British Virgin Islands, a Warrant Canary is not meaningful, because under law of British Virgin Islands, the target of a surveillance or data request must always be eventually notified, so they have the opportunity to contest the data request.
A listing of notable legal requests is provided below
- A data request from a foreign country (UAE) was approved by the British Virgin Islands’s court system. However, as we do not have any customer IP information nor any logs related to customers, we could not provide the requested information and this was explained to the requesting party.
As of March 16, 2022 – May 10, 2022, we:
- Have NOT received any National Security letters;
- Have NOT received any gag orders;
- Have NOT received any warrants from any government organization.
TrueVPN operates under the jurisdiction of British Virgin Islands and will only comply with requests from foreign governments and law enforcement agencies if these requests are delivered according to laws and regulations.
We are 100% committed to our zero-logs policy – to ensure users’ ultimate privacy and security, we never log their activity unless ordered by a court in an appropriate, legal way.
If you want to join the TrueVPN movement, you can download the app today using aTrueVPN coupon to get the best deal possible.